Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Meat of the Matter is not Sunsets, Wispy Markets, or Duck Lips. The Meat of the Matter is Freedom.

I have added to my blogroll, on the lower right hand side under the "Freedom and Anti-censorship Blogs" heading, a link to the Reporters Without Borders blog.  I would be remiss if I didn't say thanks to Steve Miller who made me aware of that important organization -- he posted an article from RWB over at the Linkedin site that reported that yet another photojournalist from the Philippines was shot to death recently.

Journalists, artists, and bloggers are being targeted by governments and illicit organizations (yes, I do agree that government and illicit organization can be one and the same) for shedding light on various activities that need to be made public.  Even in my home country, the USA, journalists, artists, photographers, and bloggers are being targeted for informing the public of the goings-on of different groups and organizations.  The Chinese artist Ai WeiWei has a thing or two to say at the RWB site. 

Take a look at the Reporters Without Borders site here.



No comments:

Post a Comment