Saturday, December 13, 2014

Why I Enjoy Abstract Photography

I appreciate abstract photography because it is mysterious.  I like it because abstract scenes are taken from the ordinary and the everyday hustle and bustle of life that is missed when living is viewed too large.  I suppose it can be missed when viewed with too narrow a prism also.
 
  Reflections Past
© Mark Eaton

I enjoy abstract photography because no matter how the final image is viewed, the viewer's head tilts, the eyebrows furrow; the piece creates a mystery.  For some, there is confusion.  I like the fact that people work to solve the mystery, or even approach it as though solving an equation. 

Angles and Lines
© Mark Eaton

For me, abstract work doesn't have distracting elements, nor is it complicated.  It touches a part of my being that acknowledges that I was at a certain place at a certain time, and that it was I who was touched by something that I thought beautiful.  Of all the billions of people in the world, I saw and felt something that was important, or meaningful.

It forces me to admit that I, too, miss so much.  Too much, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment